News List

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Turtle Beach Campground honored as Small Park of the Year

Post Date:06/04/2024 10:08 AM

SARASOTA COUNTY - Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources is proud to announce that Turtle Beach Campground has been recognized as the Small Park of the Year by the Florida and Alabama RV Park and Campground Association. This prestigious award celebrates the campground’s exceptional achievements in outdoor hospitality, accommodations and service.

Located on the picturesque Siesta Key, Turtle Beach Campground is Sarasota County’s premier beachfront campground. Guests can have a unique experience of camping right next to the Gulf of Mexico with direct beach access.

Guests can enjoy the amenities including a playground, paddle sport rentals and fishing piers at Turtle Beach Park. Additionally, the Breeze 77 Siesta Islander provides easy access to Siesta Village’s restaurants, shops and nightlife.

Since its establishment as a Gulf Beach Campground in 1921, and its acquisition by Sarasota County in 2006, Turtle Beach Campground has consistently provided exceptional service. The dedicated staff continually receive top marks on customer surveys, contributing to an impressive year-round occupancy rate of over 95%.

Campers are surveyed monthly about their experiences at the campground, and staff act upon reasonable recommendations. Survey results consistently average 4.8 - 4.9 out of 5.

Turtle Beach Campground has had recent improvements including a WIFI upgrade, relocation of the camp host site and a $50,000 restroom renovation, enhancing comfort for campers.

"We are thrilled and honored to receive this recognition," said Nicole Rissler, Director of Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources. "Our team's commitment to excellence and our beautiful location make Turtle Beach Campground a truly special place for visitors."

For more information about Turtle Beach Campground and to make reservations, please visit or call 311.

Return to full list >>